How to Troubleshoot Cannot Connect to Norton Server Error?
No doubt, Norton antivirus is one of the most popular antivirus programs which offer reliable security to the devices. Other than this, Norton is also known for providing robust protection. Top features such as VPN and firewall etc. monitors all the malicious activities actively and provide a safety layer to your device. But like other software you have to face numerous errors while using it. It is a robust antivirus still it gives you some errors from time to time. One of the most common errors you may get while using Norton antivirus is Can’t Communicate with Norton Server. This error is reported by numerous Norton users. This error is often encountered by Windows 8 and Windows 10 users. But the good thing is that this issue gets easily fixed.
Here we have mentioned some common techniques to Fix for Norton Product Won’t Open:
Try to connect with a server in Windows 8
- Hit Windows key and R key simultaneously from the keyboard
- The Run dialog box will appear on the screen
- Type Control in the dialog box
- Hit the Enter button
- User Account Panel will appear on the desktop
- Go to Category View
- Click on Programs
- Choose your browser as a default web browser
- Hit the set as default program button
- Click on OK button
Try to connect with a server in Windows 10
- Click on the Start button
- Go to settings
- Click on System Settings
- Hit the Default Apps button
- Go to Web browsers
- Choose an appropriate web browser and set it to default
- Now try to connect with Norton server
If you are failing to connect with Norton server then you should try other solutions.
Remove and reinstall Norton antivirus
This error can also occur if your Norton program files get corrupted. It may possible that you have deleted some of Norton files mistakenly. The better solution for fixing cannot open Norton 360 Main Window is to uninstall the old Norton setup and reinstall the new one. For this, you have to install the Norton Remove tool. Download Norton Remove the tool from Norton‘s website and then install it accordingly. Open the tool and click on the Remove and reinstall option. Follow the given on-screen commands to complete the process. Now choose to remove and restart now option. Your device will get restart automatically. Now check whether you can or cannot Uninstall Norton Family from the device.
Update your Browser
- Your outdated web browser can be a potential cause of this error. Update your browser immediately:
- Go to your web browser
- Click on Customize button (Three vertical dots)
- Click on the Help button
- Hit the About button
- You will get the running version of your browser
- If any new update is available, your browser will get the update automatically
- Wait for completing the installation process
- After complete installation; check your browser gets updated or not
- If gets updated then restart your device
- Open your browser and try to connect with Norton Server
Check whether your Norton Security Live Update Failed to Complete error gets resolve or not.