How to Resolve Bitdefender Error Message 1008?
Bitdefender is a well-known reliable and robust antivirus. It is known for offering exclusive services for securing device as well as network. You merely find any error while using Bitdefender antivirus. But some people reported that they are facing Bitdefender Error Code 1008 while trying to scan. The scanning process gets crash and an error message appears on the screen. Bitdefender Error code 1008 is a kind of run-time error which means the program gets interrupted while running. But this error message is annoying, usually when you are trying to scan any external devices such as external HDD or flash drives. As you know runtime errors always occur without any warning.
You may get this error when you are saving or deleting a file during the scan. But you can also get this error due to virus infection. Programmers perform various tests runs while developing and designing the antivirus but run-time errors are something you can predict while developing the antivirus. Runtime errors occur due to some kind of incompatibility of programs or resources. Some external factors can also result in runtime errors.
If you can predict the run-time errors then how can you find a solution for them? Well, there are some common parameters which can result in a run-time error. If you get the responsible parameters then fixing the error will be easy.
Check for Conflicting Programs
Most of the time, a run-time error occurs due to some kind of conflict between programs. You can resolve this issue by fixing confliction. Follow the steps given below to stop the conflicting program:
- Press Ctrl-Alt-Del and open Task Manager
- Check the list of currently running programs
- Click on the Processes tab and stop the running programs one by one
- After stopping a program check whether you are still getting an error message
- Once you get the conflicting program; you can fix the issue according to the application.
Try Updating or reinstalling conflicting programs
- Go to the Start menu
- Hit the Control Panel
- Click on Programs
- Go to Programs and Features
- Choose Uninstall a Program
- Now choose the program from the list and then hit the Update/Uninstall button.
Download all new updates
Outdated software can also cause conflicts. Update your Bitdefender antivirus to the latest version. You should update all programs and OS of your device.
Run Disk Cleanup Tool
Your device offers an inbuilt disk cleanup tool for removing all junk from the device. Conflicts can also occur due to low disk space. With this tool, you can increase the free disk space of your device. Follow the mentioned steps for using Disk Cleanup Tool.
- Go to the Start menu
- Type Command in the search bar
- Press Ctrl and Shift key simultaneously and then press the Enter button from the Keyboard
- A dialog box will appear
- Hit the Yes button
- You will get command prompt on the screen
- Enter cleanmgr and press Enter button
- The Disk Cleaner will check and calculate the disk space
- Wait for a minute
- You will get a list of programs
- Check the boxes you want to remove
- Finally, hit the OK button
Restart your device and now try to scan with Bitdefender antivirus. If you can still getting Error 1008 then you should contact Bitdefender for reliable help.